Tuesday 21 August 2012

Rowena says, "Camp's fun!"

Trapped!  I was trapped in a web of ropes!  We were following Scott on our night line.  It felt funny to not use our eyes and I had to rely on my ears, touch and smell.  On our night line we had to crawl under ropes, under nets, between two trees and hold onto a rope.  I felt scared in case I banged my head off a tree and fell over but luckily I didn't fall although I did bang into a tree!  My favourite part so far has been gorge walking because we could cannon ball into pools and slide down rocks and get soaking wet!  At first I felt scared of sliding because I was scared I'd hurt myself.  Later on the midges started biting me.  It was very irritating!  Now I'm brave enough to do the other activities and I'm feeling confident!  When I get back I will have lots of stories to tell!
Looking forward to seeing you, Mum, Dad, Kirsty and the dog and cats!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Rowena, great to hear you are having fun, I remember my first night line, it was hard work not being able to use my eyes. It's good that you are being brave and trying new things.
    have fun for the rest of the week.

    Mum, Dad, Kirsty, Bruno and Oscar

    ReplyDelete