Wednesday 22 August 2012

Emma says, "Spiders, eeek!"

Just now, after breakfast, I feel tired but I'm excited about finding out what today's activity will be.  I hope it's something to do with walking because it's fun to go on a walk.  I'm not sure about the water activities because I'm not a strong swimmer but it will be OK.
Yesterday we had a meeting about how you do abseiling and we went to the stores and collected all our equipment - ropes, caribeners, harness, helmet and that was it.  We had to climb backwards down a cliff with all the equipment keeping us safe. The hardest bit was the height of the cliff because it was really high and it felt as if you were just going to fall off.  It was a really big challenge for me and I wanted to do it but I was too scared.  After we were finished we got to try to climb back up, I got half way. 
We did gorge walking which is when you climb up a waterfall and slide down it!  It was really fun but it was cold water but at least we were safe because we were wearing these big red waterproof suits and special welly boots.  On the way back to camp we were trying to dry off because we were soaking wet and the mini van we were in was drenched in water!
Last night when I was trying to get to sleep my room mates started to talk about spiders. Ellie came up to ask me a question and saw a giant spider right beside me on the wall. So we had to get Mr Craig to get rid of it because we were too scared! Ahhhhhhhhhhhh!

No comments:

Post a Comment