Wednesday 22 August 2012

Rachel says, "The water was freeeeeeeeezing!"

When I went down the waterfalls the water splashed me.  It went all over my face!  To start with I was a bit nervous but I did well in the end.  Once I got going I realised it was really fun!
We had to climb up slippery rocks  around the waterfall.  The water was going really really fast, it just kept on going down and we were going up.  We made our way up to the very top.  Sometimes we stopped and slid down the waterfalls and did a cannon ball into one!  I went completely under when we went down a slide and the very last slide, which was huge and the fastest, I went right under too!  I popped back up and then I swam to the rocks.  We were wearing our swimming suits and on top we wore the wet suits they gave us, then on topof that we wore our waterproof trousers and jacket they gave us, and special boots.  It was OK to start with but the water got in everywhere, especially in our boots and it was cold.  At the end our boots were full of water and you could get a cup of water out of them!
I was canoeing all day today.  The paddling was the hardest bit because it hurt my arms but it was really good.  At the end we got to play in the water and I was pushing Mrs Tunnah under the water!  We saw an osprey, it's a big ginormous bird that is rare.
I'm having a great time at school camp!  See you on Friday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment