Thursday 23 August 2012

Nathan says "My Adrenaline Rush"

I was up second. I had volunteered myself, even though I was nervous. As I leaned back off the cliff and over thin air, my heart started to race. I trusted my leader, Andy, but I wasn't sure I trusted him this much! I had never done abseiling before, this was a new challenge. I slid my hands slowly down the black rope, my hands getting jammed once or twice in the clips that held the rope onto my harness. But I barely noticed the skin coming off of my hands because I was too busy focusing on getting to the bottom of the 20 metre cliff. once I reached the bottom I was really proud of myself for overcoming the challenge. I was relieved to be at the bottom, but I also really wanted to do it again. The rest of the week at camp I have faced other challenges, overcoming every single one and my fears. I am really proud of myself.

By: Nathan

No comments:

Post a Comment